Thursday, September 1, 2011

Set a Course for Adventure, Your Mind on a New Romance


In a world where Hollywood can barely seem to come up with new movie material (unless it arrives in the form of a comic book, pardon me, graphic novel) I've often wondered why no one has thought to revive Love Boat. But, dear God, not as a movie!

Can you even begin to imagine the pain and horror that would be Love Boat: The Movie? *shudders* Ugh! One crotch/bodily function joke after another, interlaced with completely gratuitous nudity and more sex than an evening on Cinemax After Dark. And the cast. Ew! I can't go there. You'll have to imagine that one yourselves. It's too much for me.

However, handled properly, with the right touch of lighthearted comedy, an occasional touch of drama or pathos, maybe even a bit of mystery, it could be done. You'd need a top notch writing team. One with a proven track record at writing for ensemble cast comedies, such as Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond or even Hot in Cleveland (I can't help myself, I adore Betty White and the show is freaking hysterical!).

Americans love to laugh. It's a fact. And Saturday night TV just hasn't been the same since Love Boat and Fantasy Island left. Though, I must admit, I did like the remake of Fantasy Island with Malcolm McDowell. Very different from Ricardo Montalbán, but very entertaining just the same. A fun comedy like the Love Boat, with different story lines every week, different guest stars, etc. I think it's time for a revival!

And lo-o-ove, won't hurt anymore, It's an open smile on a friendly shore..... Everybody - SING!

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Followers

Much Ado About Russian

www.bookbuzzr.com

Join Hero's Army

Labels

KRW Designs Publishing. Powered by Blogger.