Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Perhaps the Best Reason EVER for Shopping On-Line



On a recent, uh... excursion with my boyfriend, Kin, I was introduced to rather strange and disturbing website by some of his friends. Now, you might think this website had something to do with vampires or killing or blood or something equally macabre, but you would be oh so wrong.

No, no, my friends. This was the People of Wal-Mart website. Now perhaps some of you are already familiar with it. Apparently, it has been around for quite some time, but it was news to me. This site (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com), among other things, posts photos of shoppers at Wal-Marts all across the country that are, well - let's call them 'unflattering'.

Nah, I can't do it. I want to be kind, but I just can't live with 'unflattering'. They range from hysterical to downright disgusting. I'm talking images that set off the gag reflex. Some of the captions below the pics are even funnier than the pics themselves. You will laugh, you will shake your head, you will email friends, you will even at times feel ashamed of yourself for looking at the site. But mostly, you will never, ever want to walk into a Wal-mart again as long as you live.

It doesn't matter if you dress well and are well groomed. These people are out there! You might not end up in one of the photos - but you might run into one of the photo subjects! Do you really want to risk that? And there are SO many of them! It makes you wonder how you ever leave home without witnessing this, this, this........ AHHHH! How to sum it up in one word or phrase! You'll have to see it to believe it.

Just to be safe, I'm doing all my shopping on-line from now on. It's worth the price of shipping!

I'd just like to caution you before looking at this site. You may injure yourself laughing. It may behoove you (yeah, I said behoove) to have a friend present just in case you lose consciousness from the hysteria. (and to revive you in case you find yourself or a member of your family on the site!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

People of Walmart makes me laugh hard...

Popular Posts

Followers

Much Ado About Russian

www.bookbuzzr.com

Join Hero's Army

Labels

KRW Designs Publishing. Powered by Blogger.