Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's Time for the New Fall Line Up!


Let me start off my saying this post isn't about all of the actual shows coming up, so if you are looking for a complete list of what's going to be new on TV, this isn't the place to look.

As usual, there are the usual assortment of shows that require you to say "are you kidding me?" and wonder how they ever even got past development. The kind where it's painful to even to watch the commercials. Thank God for the mute button! I sometimes wonder if there's some evil plat on the part of network execs to see just how awful they can make some of these shows and we'll watch.

Is it the Bloom and Bialystock method of TV programming? Are there TV producers out there that stand to earn more if their series is canceled rather than picked up? You have to ponder such things when you see previews for such shows as New Girl or Whitney. Ugh!

Of course, it's not all bad. I admit I am looking forward to Pan Am. I suppose I'm hoping it's as well written as Mad Men, which I just love! I suppose it's also because I have a fondness for retro. Other than that, I can't say there's anything I'm truly looking forward to. I might luck out and find some things I like, but I'm not starting out with too many expectations. For instance, I know some of my friends are looking forward to the new Charlie's Angels, but I just can't get excited about it. Maybe I'll be wrong.

Oh! I do think the idea for Terra Nova is interesting. Not a big fan of sci-fi shows in general (yes, I'm aware of the irony), but at least it looks like something new.

What I'm really looking forward to is the return of shows that I already know and like, such as Glee. And is anybody else tired of waiting for Mad Men? Enough already!

So, what looks good to you this Fall?

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Followers

Much Ado About Russian

www.bookbuzzr.com

Join Hero's Army

Labels

KRW Designs Publishing. Powered by Blogger.